Endor was released with Pack 2: All That Is Unholy and marked the second official playable character in Alphabirth. Endor is developed off of the "Witch of Endor" from the Hebrew bible. In the bible, the Witch of Endor summons the prophet Samuel's spirit at the request of King Saul and in hopes of comforting his distress. Appropriately Endor was designed as a "holy witch" that uses the powers of evil for the purpose of good. Endor starts each run with Cauldron and her trusty other-worldly friend Spirit Eye. Endor also starts with low-damage and she converts health upgrades into eternal hearts to balance her powerful starting items and ability of flight. Picking up Black Hearts will damage Endor instead of giving her the black-heart health.
- Due to Endor's very low damage multiplier she can be perceived as weak without the proper insight into how she is meant to be played. Her low-damage multiplier is counteracted by her high fire-rate which directly benefits from Spirit Eye.
- Endor can use her ability of flight to maintain close proximity with Spirit Eye and use it effectively to quickly kill enemies.
- Items that normally give health upgrades instead give Endor an Eternal Heart. She also starts every run with 2 Spirit Hearts, this guarantees a reduced need to pick up Red Hearts. Instead, Red Hearts should be consumed with Cauldron along with other unnecessary consumables (including trinkets & locked or unobtainable chests) as often as possible to spawn more items.
- Items spawned by Cauldron are dependent on which room you use the item. This can be used to strategically gain extra Angel, Devil or Boss room items as needed.
- Cauldron can also be used to "steal" consumables from the shop, this allows Endor to reach a full Cauldron quicker.
|Curses & Blessings||Challenges||Mod Packs||Team Alpha||Version History|